We could not be more excited for this event! Don your finest Kansas City / St. Louis gear and join us at BANK Projects (3420 Iowa Ave., St. Louis, MO) from 4:00 – 9:00 pm for this collaborative project of epic proportions, which aims to educate and activate the creative communities that reside along this central corridor.
4:00 – 6:30 pm :
- · Tailgating in the parking lot, with beer fishing (bring a 6-pack of cans if you’d like to participate), grilling, and various games and activities. KC’s roving retail store, CartWheel, and St. Louis’ ReTrailer will both be set up with all sorts of goodies available for purchase.
- · Drive-thru poetry readings, featuring works by St. Louisan’s Jazzy Danziger, Richard Newman, and Stephanie Schlaifer and Kansas City poets Jose Faus, Jordan Stempleman, and Lesley Wheeler, screenprinted onto designs created by James Walker and Eric Lindquist. A limited supply of prints are available on a first come, first served basis.
5:00 – 6:00 pm:
- · Blind taste testing of various KC and STL products. Think you can tell the difference between Nelly’s energy drink and Tech N9ne’s? Give it a shot!
- Help us stage a KC vs. STL photograph from the event! We’ll congregate in the parking lot of BANK Projects. Make sure you’re wearing your city pride gear!
7:00 – 8:30 pm:
- · Join us for some trivia, discussion, and a potluck dinner in collaboration with our friends at Sloup. We’ll be serving a variety of dishes from KC’s Boulevard Brewing Company, Farm to Market Bread Co., The Local Pig, Howard’s Organic Fare & Vegetable Patch, The Rieger Hotel Grill & Exchange, morsel, and more!
- Please bring a dish that’s representative of your city to add to the pot.
8:30 – Close:
- · Stick around and bust a move to jams spun by DJ Miscela.
Any questions? Feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you there!